Friday, June 3, 2011

Five Minutes Watching: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

I don't watch a lot of movies, because I don't have time. But at the end of day of work, then class, then reading for the next class, and writing down what I wrote so I can remember it all, I'll turn on one of them pay channels I have for just such an emergency and catch five minutes of something.

This was the poster...for Scott Pilgrim.

Completely lost me. Now, I get the story, which was different - one guy fighting this chick's seven evil ex's to win her affection, all kung fu flick style. It was different. The hero didn't take off his shirt and suddenly have muscles and be cool. The dialogue was cheesy, the cartoon effects were cool - especially since it was comic based and the whole thing wouldn't have made sense without them. Then I saw his still devoted ex. And the chick he'd chosen over her, the colored hair chick.

And the whole premise fell apart.

You don't leave the hot "excited into you"chick for the average "whatever" chick.

Duh.

No comments: