Thursday, May 19, 2011

Walked up on Bucket of Chicken

Aw, why not Post #1
The other day, visiting my where my old desk was, in
talking to someone we walked into the break room , and saw what looked like one of those old KFC buckets, the ones that come with 10 or 12 pieces that your mother would buy on Sundays when she didn't want to cook. It was a promotional bucket for somebody trying to see the company something, and I joked that for a second "it looked like I'd just walked up on a bucket of chicken." We were all black, it was cool. Someone commented, that my quip sounded like the start of blues song. That stuck in my head, and since the dude that said it actually is a musician, and because it wouldn't get out of my head until I did, I wrote some lyrics. Now, I only know one blues riff. That "da da da da dump" basic if you want blues in your movie riff. That's what we're using. I imagine there's a guitar solo in there too. Who knows.

"Walked up on Bucket of Chicken"

So I went down to Miss Mary's
round a quarter to twelve
do me lil dranking and dancing
and raise me a lil hell

I got me my drank
and started looking for Mabel
so I eased around the club
and came up on Skeeter's table.

I walked up on a bucket of chicken and I knew it was gonna be a good night... I tell you I walked up on a bucket of chicken.. and everything was gonna be alright

I knew Skeeter's have a bottle
and half a pack of black and mild's
and if he was eating chicken at midnight
I knows it's about to get buck wild

Then along come Mabel
wearing her tight red dress
I wish I could tell you the rest of the story
but the whole thing was a mess...

You see I walked up on a bucket of chicken and I knew it was gonna be a good night... I tell you I walked up on a bucket of chicken.. and everything was gonna be alright

[guitar solo]

You see that whole night was blur
but I remember shiny chicken bones
and I think Skeeter got married
and some chick putting her draws back on

I woke up early the next morning
got out of jail 'round noon
found Mabel and got us some pork chops
then headed back to the saloon

You betta know, I walked up on a bucket of chicken and I knew it was gonna be a good night... I tell you I walked up on a bucket of chicken..and everything was gonna be alright

No comments: