Monday, October 4, 2010

Bar Chatter

Bar Chatter #15
Sometimes it just ain't enough to make a post, but it's still needs to go out....it's just bar chatter.


Friday, on a whim, I tried out for the Washington Post.

Skimming through something someplace, not half paying attention, I came across their annual pundit contest, where you submit a quick 400 words online and see if they like it. It was the last day of the contest, it was something to do a Friday as I waited out the last few minutes of my day, my brain needed a break from law, and so I fired up the ole synapses and gave it a whirl. I realized then that 400 words really isn't a whole lot of words. Not once you get going.

I'm fairly certain others had lovingly crafted articles, whittling away words and fashioning context images to create voices that move minds and stir souls over the course of many days. I tossed something together. Actually tossed two somethings together, flipped a coin and sent one. It was a mental break of a kind, something different, and no doubt in a few days I'll get one of those we thank you for participating but we've "gone another way" emails that make publishing so much fun.

In any case, It was one for the books. Er,...um, papers. Well, internet.

Now that I think about it, hell, I could have done that here.

Shucks,

No comments: