Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bar Chatter

Bar Chatter #12
Sometimes it ain't enough to make post, but it still needs to go out...it's just bar chatter.


Kiss my ass. Seriously. Why am I not able to get a movie deal?

Mega Piranha?

Are you kidding me?

I frequent a news aggregation site called fark.com, and one of amusing ways they refer to the industry's tendency for remakes, sequels, and cookie cutter films as "Hollywood is out of ideas". Here is the defining moment of that phrase-ology.

Mega Piranha. On Syfy.

It's a real movie! This is original programming! Somewhere, a Vice President of something at that network read the premise or treatment and thought "Yeah, this is a good idea." An ancient huge ancestor of a fish indigenous to the Amazon river is still alive - - - and attacks Miami? Really? I mean, from a basic biology standpoint of fresh water fish in salt water, I mean, really? This got a green light?

Does anybody know where I can submit my treatment? I think I'm going to send it in crayon.

Really? I mean...really?

No comments: