Thursday, January 1, 2009

What I learned 2008

Our current President for the next few weeks said when they realized the economy was taking a bad turn that we'd just hit a rough patch. Well, quite frankly for me, all of 2008 was a rough patch. A whole lot of things I didn't think would happen occured, a few things I didn't want to happen took place, and a few turns I never intended to take got, well...tooken. No, there isn't a better word for that. With any luck...okay, let's be honest, it can't get too much worse without hospital time...with any luck, 2009 will be much better. My horoscope even said so!

Love is hope.
More times than you know you'll have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. So get ready.
Every ache and every pain means something.
Just when you thought you knew, you don't.
People give advice for a reason. Most times it's because they see things you don't.
I'm beginning to think God really doesn't like me.
Little things lead to big things. Occasionally it just takes a while to get there.
Real Love doesn't ever end. Ever. You might be able to hold it in, but's always there.
Every relative older than me I've known my whole life. This one I had to think about.
Just because you think it's impossible, that doesn't mean it can't happen.
No lie hurts worse than the one you've told to yourself.
You don't have to take every opportunity, but you can't miss them all either. Regret is hell.
There is a point you realize all your dreams aren't going to come true, and that its okay. I'm not there yet.
It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all is a very stupid concept.
Vanilla ice cream. Sometimes you have to get back to the basics to appreciate the complex.
My passions scare me with their intensity.
Swagger is a lot more important than you think.

No comments: