Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding (As required by Internet Rule #47854b)

Ramblings Post #187
There are certain Rules. You don't scream fire in a crowded theater. If get served, then you tip. You don't talk about fight club. You don't tug on Superman's cape or spit into the wind. You don't press the little red button. The correct answer for "does this make my butt look fat" is always NO. And if it is a hot topic, you blog must comment on it...if only in passing. So, today, we discuss of all things, that thing that happened in Britain.



As required by the internet rule, I'm making a post concerning the most important nuptials of some unknown period of time until the next really important nuptials between two people I've never met but are for some reason real...real important. Again. Didn't we just do this for something else that was the really big something for something until some really unbelievably long amount of time...until next season?

As you may have not realized by now, I'm not big fan of the ruckus surrounding the circus that is the marriage of Willie and Katie-bear.

To quote the president "I don't have time for this."

And I damn sure wasn't waking up at 4am to sit down and catch the festivities. First, who gets married on a Friday? I thought the whole thing was tomorrow. Now, when I did rise I was greeted by people on my Facebook page who had indulged their curiosity, and become spellbound. Some were taken with the pomp and circumstance. Some with the spectacle. Some with the fashion. I never realized hats were such a big thing. Most of my friends who viewed it were women, so I'm certain there may even have been a big wedding/princess fantasy afoot out there somewhere.

I've already admitted I've thought about my own possible wedding. My current understanding however is that the best I can hope for regarding "our day" is being allowed to pick out my undies. I'm expecting my duties will consist of be here at this time, stand here and say I do when I poke you in the ribs. But that was whole different story.

There, comment over. You know with what they paid, I understand you could have rented Lichtenstein for a week. Oh, wait, why rent when you already own...

My bad.

No comments: