Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ah, the Weekend

Ramblings Post #58
There are some days I wake up, and struggle to remember what day of the week it is. I have to concentrate for a few minutes where I need to be, what I need to do, what do I need to do to get to the whatever. And then there are special days. Days where you rise with a purpose and passion and from there things only get better. That second set of days would for the most part be imaginary.


Let's see, Friday night I went home...and what did I do? Oh yeah, I called and cussed out my bank, because I stopped for gas and damned if my debit card didn't get rejected like three times. I don't have a whole lot of money, but I know I had enough to buy gas! So after paying cash for my fuel, I went home and called the bank. Nothing like bank customer service...which ultimately blamed the gas station after 15 minutes of rabble and "can I place you hold?" I was so heated by the end of the conversation, I just curled up and watched some TV before falling asleep on the couch.

Saturday, was full of excitement. I lie, Saturday was halfway boring. After studying a bit I went and got my eyes looked at. The dock dilated me so he could check the back of my retinas. It was like being on something while being fully cognizant. The effect lasts for about 4 hours, and they claim you can drive - but what they need to suggest is that you drive straight home. I'm hoping the new frames I picked out while squib eyed look okay. I got new glasses, because the one's I've had I got about 4 years ago. That's like 14 in dog years.

Then, because I hadn't realized I was blind, I decided to go look for a TV stand. My TV has been sitting on what I think is a coffee table from the American Original Really Rustic collection that if I remember correctly I got from older brother's used college furniture stash, making the table at least 20 years old. And after an exhaustive search - online - the one perfect stand I wanted, Walmart just stopped selling. Yes, I was willing to head back to that blight of the American Economy, Walmart. I would have begged off, but everybody else who'd even heard of this particular TV stand wanted $100 more than Sam's gang. Only Sam had stopped selling it, so I was stuck. But as I got to the exit, on a humbug I got off and pulled into the Walmart parking lot.

A moment aside here, I haven't been out and about in a while. I haven't been to a mall in ages. I visited a mall and Walmart on Saturday. There are some nice looking women in Atlanta. Real real nice. Even with squib eyes.

So, back to the quest. I entered Walmart, walked past the toiletries, jewelry, men's wear, baby clothes, shoes, home decor, curtains, small appliances, crossed the chasm of Asomoth, mirrors, art and there on the home furniture aisle, halfway down...there was the stand they said they didn't sell anymore! For less than they claimed to have been selling it for when they did have it! Ain't this about a....

So I got my stand.

I met Spanky for lunch, and we got a floor show, as a young brother - unfamiliar with how a restaurant works - asked for his order special, then proceeded to instruct the chef how to cook it. Hey, man put some peppa' on it. I like mine on it while it's cooking. If I had owned the place, halfway through I would have opened the register and gave him his money back, plus $5, and told him to leave. He got on my nerves and he wasn't even talking to me. For his little $7, I don't think he realized what he was paying for was the right to eat and not have to clean up. Spanky regaled me with a story of yet another questionable man...but I think she's already sent him the showers.

Saturday night...I put together my stand. Although the instructions said two people, I'm just that good.

Sunday was more reading, the studying I'd halfway been begging off the whole weekend. But I did it. Then I watched football. For quite possibly the last time this season. And the Cowboys beat the Bucs handily. So I got that going for me.

Sporty hollered at me a little later, but that's a different tale.

Not a bad weekend. Well, not a horrible weekend.

Barkeep...What do you have that's say...good?

No comments: