Monday, June 9, 2008

Mondays...

I do not like Mondays. Which is interesting because I have no affinity for the weekend either, so I'm kinda up the creek on this one. I would say I "hate" Mondays, but that would imply emotional commitment to a specific allotted 24 hours, but it's not that serious. Let's just say I'm less than happy to see Monday roll around again. Again.

Last week was a mental/emotional roller coaster, as I got some legal things squared away that I thought might be an issue, I got some work done at the house, I found out that my A/C unit works - but needs to be "charged", and I started looking towards the future and this fall.

I discovered the A/C thing on Saturday..when after being home all day, the internal temp of the house got up to 92 degrees. Now I'm not a man to give in to the baser instincts of society's need for eternal comfort, damn the expense, but I figured that since I'd already showered twice and was about to sweat through my couch, the very least I should do was take the edge of the heat. That's when I made my heated discovery. The unit comes on...runs, the fan works...no cool.

At one point it's cooler outside than it is inside. So I know the insulation works. So I got that going for me.

I got a tree downed (one the city said I could cut down) and got another trimmed back, so now i can see the street light. My replacement little old man who does yard work is starting to get on my nerves. I have to explain to him that my salary will not support the both of us, so he'll need to dial it back. He's helpful and all, but it seems like everytime he needs a buck I'm the first place he stops. I miss my old original little old man who did yard work. He wasn't as much of a hustler as this character. But he won't be back for a minute...'

The future...well is the future. With luck...everything will change by the end of summer. Well, not quite everything. I'll still be black. But I'm starting my secondary education, looking for a new daytime gig that will let me concentrate on my new secondary education, looking for some sanity and peace since romantic things have gone awry (On the upside, I'm down at least 15 lbs behind that) and trying to recapture some of the hedonism that made my alter ego such a great guy to know.

But for now....it's Monday. Damn Monday.

Barkeep... let me get a Thursday with a slice of evening.

No comments: