Friday, May 30, 2008

The middle of the night.

It's the middle of the night and I'm up. Can't sleep.

I've lost a lot of weight lately. I think it's stress over Sporty's departure but just to be sure I went to the doctor yesterday and they took some blood and ran the basics. I'll know by next week if I haven't "developed" something. Okay, I've stopped eating really...no breakfast, no lunch most days and a spotty dinner. But then I haven't really been hungry in a while. So maybe it's that.

I got the extra hot wings tonight (first food all day) because I missed the spicy food I used to get with her. And there will probably be fewer restaurant reviews going forward, as my main dining partner has...well, you know.

We've been IMing each other so it's not a total break. Yet.

The job however, has lost it's luster. When I first started there I hated it, then it got worse. Then Sporty and I started hanging out, so I dealt with it. Now she's gone and never has the old country song "Take this Job and Shove it" ever hit so close to home. And that's messed up on so many levels. I will not be there much longer.

This blog will probably go back to bad jokes, political rants, bits of inspirational fodder, the occasional college story of lesser import and the semi-regular blast from my slowly reforming social life, if I decide to go back. Might add in the occasional funny picture. I got some big things coming up soon...It's wide open.

Or not. We'll see.

Barkeep. Whatever's handy.

No comments: