Friday, June 6, 2014

Bar Chatter

Bar chatter #29
Sometimes it ain't enough to equal a whole post, but still needs to be said.... it's bar chatter. 


I don't have a lot of time to put together blog posts these days. Very busy. This is about to be quotes and stuff like this for a minute. And stuff I wrote before but never put up. Sigh, priorities have to be in order.


But in the fifteen minutes I took to make sure that America was still a country - politics being what it is these days - and to make sure none of my friends had won the lottery - hey, you know we go back, right? - I saw this thing where you open your music player, ipod, iPhone, G4 or whatever and hit shuffle, then list the first 20 songs that pop up.

It's supposed to tell you something about the person. That they're deep, or insightful or listen to way more rap than you realized existed, or something, I'm not sure what though. But I needed a post and this was simple. So I opened my player, set it shuffle, started the first song then hit next...

Like Water for the Desert (Rain Montuno) - Ottmar Liebert
Day Dreaming - Anthony Hamilton
Leap Frog (Take 7) - Charlie Parker
Uhh Ahh - Boyz II Men
I Forgot To Be Your Lover - Jaheim
Tea for Two - Youmans (Composer)
Caipira - Ottmar Liebert
These Eyes - India Arie
Have You Seen Her - The Chi-Lites
Thug is a Drug - Mos Def
No Ordinary Love -  Sade
Esperanza - Body & Soul
Atomic Dog - George Clinton
The Fifth Symphony - Beethoven
Ms. New Booty - Bubba Sparxx
King of Rock - Run DMC
Grazing in the Grass - Boney James & Rick Braun
Cre-a-tine - Cool Breeze
Morris Brown - Outkast
Love the One You're With - Luther Vandross

So, am I am crazy? Really cool? Pretentious? Or do I own a lot more jazz and old soul than even I realized.

Barkeep, a nice Cabernet if you've got one. And the appetizer menu. Thanks.

No comments: