Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Moment for Those Lost



"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
~ Alfred Pennyworth


It seems oddly ironic that the words of the fictional character in the movie series would be so apt a moment like this. I don't normally address hot topics like this, I prefer to let them simmer in my mind for a while so that I can figure out what I really want to say, but this is not a moment to indulge in that concept. It is tragic what happened in Aurora, Colorado, the loss of life of people who just wanted to hear a story, to escape for a few hours into imagination, and to, again ironically, see good triumph over evil.

I'm going to leave my political points on those issues that arise here, to another post. When reality infringes on imagination, sometimes you need to take a pause and just say a prayer for those hurt and for the families of those lost.

No comments: