Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bar Chatter

Bar Chatter #16
Sometimes it just ain't enough to make a post, but it's still needs to go out....it's just bar chatter.



I've been on this weight loss plan for a hot minute now. And the mix of school, work, study and sleep along with no comfort food is a trying concept. That coupled with the reality that I have like negative social life due to my hectic schedule leave me feeling blah on many a day.

But yesterday at work I showed up to a meeting that was later canceled.

That's where I got a little ego boost, like maybe I'm doing a little something right. To get back to my little corner of the chicken plucking factory, I had to walk through the main "plucking" floor. As I ambled towards the stairs I saw one of the women look in my direction, then look again. She wasn't even subtle about it either. Then she waved a hello.

Yep, I got me a genuine double take.

Now I need to get a double take with an inadvertent "damn!"

I dunno. When all you get is crumbs, the whole cookie would be nice sometimes.

No comments: