Monday, April 6, 2015

Then Garissa

I had something trite and light prepared. 

Then Garissa.

I've been mulling this over in my mind for a minute, a few days really, trying to find the right tone, the proper words. But my pen keeps coming up empty. I know people from Kenya. I cannot imagine how they are feeling.

That this isn't the front page everywhere story tells me a lot about the world. I realize that the world does not stop for tragedy, but 147 lives lost deserves more than a nod of sympathy. That this will have to be the product of a documentary, as with Westgate Mall, to tell the whole story is just... very frustrating.

My prayers go out to those families that lost a loved one, to those friends whose friend was taken, to the country whose future was dimmed just a bit.

Damn.

No comments: